Coaching Position - Okemos Boys Assistant
The Okemos boys water polo team is looking for an assistant coach for this season. Please contact Head Coach Eric Chisholm if you are interested in applying for this position.
- Coaching Position - Okemos Boys Assistant
Academic All-State Awards Have Been Posted
The student/athletes that earned Academic All-State recognition for the 2016 season have been determined and can be viewed by clicking the Post-Season menu item above. On that page, click the Academic All-State link in the right-hand sidebar to display the these results.
Congratulations, ladies, on your outstanding achievement!
- Academic All-State Awards Have Been Posted
All-State Awards Are Available
The results for All-State honors, both for the State Championship tournament and the overall season, have been tabulated and can be viewed by clicking the Post-Season menu item above. On that page, click on the teams whose memberships you wish to view.
Once the Academic All-State awards have been determined, these will be posted and an announcement will be made on this page.
Congratulations to all of athletes whose outstanding performances during the season have been recognized by the MWPA.
Birmingham Water Polo Club Summer Program
The Birmingham Water Polo Club has announced its 2016 summer program. The session, which runs from June 14 through July 27, is open to boys and girls from grades 6 through 12. For further information, click on the Off-Season Playing Opportunities menu item above.
- All-State Awards Are Available
State Tournament Results
Congratulations to State Champs Ann Arbor Pioneer, runners-up Hudsonville, and third-place finishers Saline, as well as all of the other athletes, coaches, officials, and parents who made this tournament - and the season - such a success.
For complete tournament results, click on the Post-Season menu item above for the event bracket, and click here for the tabular results.
Have a great summer, and we'll see you all next season!
- State Tournament Results
Jenison Summer Programs
Jenison has just announced the 2016 Summer programs being offered through Jenison Community Education. Activities will be available for Age-Group participants in grades 3 through 8, as well as for more competitive levels from grades 7 through 12.
For more information, click on the Off-Season Playing Opportunities menu item above.
- Jenison Summer Programs
Regional Tournament Results Are Available
Congratulations to Regional champions Ann Arbor Pioneer and Hudsonville, and runners-up Okemos and Jenison. The tournament results have been posted and are available in bracket form by clicking the Post-Season menu item above. For tabular form, click on the Tournaments menu item and select the event from the right-hand sidebar.
The All-Region (Season), All-OK Conference, and All-Regional Tournament teams have also been posted. To view them, click the Post-Season menu item, and select the team(s) of interest from the right-hand sidebar on that page.
Have a safe and happy Memorial Day, and good luck at States!
- Regional Tournament Results Are Available
Regional Tournament Schedules Have Been Posted
Congratulations to all of the top 4 finishers in each District!
Now that the first round of post-season play is complete, the schedules for this weekend's Regional tournaments have been determined. To view the game lineups in bracket form, click the Post-Season menu item above and select the link to the tournament you wish to view on that page. To see the schedules and results in tabular form, click the desired entry in the right-hand sidebar on this page.
Work hard this week, ladies, and good luck at Regionals!
- Regional Tournament Schedules Have Been Posted
District 4 Seedings Are Complete
With the results of yesterday's competition, the seedings for District 4 have been finalized, and the team names have been added to the tournament bracket.
- District 4 Seedings Are Complete
District Post-Season Tournament Brackets Are Available
The MWPA Board has approved the schedule for this weekend's 4 District Championship tournaments. The brackets are available and can be viewed by clicking on the Post-Season link above, and then selecting the tournament(s) of interest from the Post-Season landing page. In doing so, you will notice that:
The game times for the District 1/2 tournaments, which are being held simultaneously
at Hudsonville, are the reverse of what would normally be expected. This change was
agreed to by the MWPA Board to help some schools avoid potential conflicts with their proms,
and is consistent with MHSAA practice.
Note that discussions are ongoing and some game times may change slightly, so keep checking these pages during the week.
- The presentation of the bracket for the District 3 tournament at Birmingham Groves is a bit squirrely, with game numbers and start times out of order. However, it was necessary to organize the bracket in this fashion in order to accommodate changes in some game times while still maintaining the tournament structure.
- The seedings for District 4 have not yet been determined, so the bracket still has placeholder values for the game times and team assignments. Once the seedings are complete, the team names will be added to the schedule.
Good luck to all teams this weekend!
- The game times for the District 1/2 tournaments, which are being held simultaneously at Hudsonville, are the reverse of what would normally be expected. This change was agreed to by the MWPA Board to help some schools avoid potential conflicts with their proms, and is consistent with MHSAA practice.
- District Post-Season Tournament Brackets Are Available
2016 Great Lakes Classic
This year's Great Lake Classic tournament will be held in July at Michigan State University. For details on this USAWP Signature Event, click on the Off-Season Playing Opportunities menu item above.
- 2016 Great Lakes Classic
New Administrative Documents Available
The most recent updates to the MWPA Policies have been approved by the Board of Directors and is now available for viewing. In addition, the results of the vote on the Officials Payment Proposal have been posted. Click the Administration link in the Information menu above for details.
- New Administrative Documents Available
|Boys Season Districts|
|District 1||District 2||District 3||District 4|
|E Grand Rapids
|Girls Season Districts|
|District 1||District 2||District 3||District 4|
|E Grand Rapids
- The MWPA has adopted the following Sportsmanship Policy and expect all players, coaches, parents,
and fans to abide by the ideals set forth in this policy.
- Denotes link is now active or contains new information.